The Golden Retriever (Phlegmatic, Steadiness)
Motto: Be faithful.
Favorite Saying: "Don’t get excited; it’s not that big a deal."
One Word Descriptions: Peaceful. “The Watcher.” Introvert.
Golden Retriever Strengths:
- A true all-purpose person, adaptable.
- Easiest temperament to get along with.
- Full of compassion, very loyal.
- Steady, consistent, faithful, dependable.
- Great listener and empathizer.
- Closest thing to a balanced person.
- Not extreme, avoids conflict, works quietly, dresses plainly.
- Calm, unexcited, in control under stress.
- Has a wonderful, dry sense of humor.
- Practical, neat, and efficient in work.
- Has high standards of accuracy.
- Quietly accepts the status quo.
- Makes a wonderful, lifelong friend, can become a good counselor and leader.
- Has a strong need for close relationships.
- Has a deep need to please others.
- A quiet will of iron when pushed too far.
- Holds strongly to what they feel is right.
Golden Retriever Weaknesses:
- Struggles with fear and timidity.
- Has a hard time making decisions, not wanting to offend anyone.
- Avoids confrontation by hiding his/her feelings and failing to communicate.
- Can be a doormat (especially when young) and a people-pleaser.
- Dislikes change; prefers familiar, harmonious, secure environment.
Balancing Out the Golden Retriever:
- Their natural compassion for others will draw them out of their shyness and timidity.
- Needs to try new things, to motivate themselves, to learn to make decisions and say, No.
- Faith and trust in God helps them overcome inhibitions and become more outgoing.
The Golden Retriever’s Gift:
- Let’s be caring, loyal, and dependable.