The Beaver (Melancholy, Conscientious)
Motto: Be prepared!
Favorite Saying: If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right.
One Word Descriptions: Perfect. “The Thinker.” Introvert.
- Conscientious, strong need to do things “right” and “by the book.”
- True perfectionist (often impractical).
- Reads manuals, maps, charts, lists.
- Serious, deep thinker, analytical, makes careful decisions.
- Creative, appreciative of beauty and intelligence, genius-prone.
- Prepared, carries lots of stuff in pockets.
- Makes friends cautiously, but a faithful, devoted friend.
- Emotionally reserved, self-sacrificing.
- Works projects day and night to finish.
- Researcher, doesn’t take things at face value, likes to dig into deeper truths.
- Well dressed, with every hair in place.
- Has a somewhat skeptical and pessimistic nature, foresees problems.
- Compassionate for others, doesn’t show emotions easily, often viewed as cold.
- Sensitive and talented, but has by far the most complex problems.
- Prone to depression, slow mood swings.
- Overly analytical (paralysis of analysis).
- Perfectionist, focused on errors.
- Skeptical, pessimistic.
- Hard time forgiving, turns anger inward.
- Worries about his/her health.
Balancing Out the Beaver:
- Can’t hold everyone else to their own perfectionistic standards, especially children.
- Needs to develop the fruit of joy.
- Must get over constant self-analysis and depression.
- Can’t take everything personally.
- Needs to walk in meekness and humility to counteract pride in skills and abilities.
The Beaver’s Gift:
- Don’t settle for less than your best, but strive for perfection in all you do.