The Free Gift.
Everyone who believes in Jesus is in right standing with God and eligible for His best blessings. (Ephesians 1:3)
Romans 5:15 (AMP) But God’s free gift is not at all to be compared to Adam’s trespass. For if many died through Adam’s falling away, much more profusely did God’s grace and the free gift [that comes] through the undeserved favor of the one Man Jesus Christ abound and overflow to and for [the benefit of] many.
Romans 5:17 (AMP) For if because of Adam’s trespass death reigned through that one, much more surely will those who receive [God’s] overflowing grace and the free gift of righteousness reign as kings in life through the one Man Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
The Great Exchange: Jesus Took Your Sin and Gave You His Righteousness
Jesus took all the punishment for sin God required.
What Is the Free Gift of Righteousness?
It is a state of right standing before God where God treats you as if you had never sinned.
Because of your faith in Jesus, God’s court has declared you righteous or justified. (The word “just” means righteous.) You are acquitted and declared innocent of all sin. God sees you “just-as-if” you had never sinned.
Hebrews 10:17 (NKJV) Then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
Psalm 103:12 (NKJV) As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
We Receive God’s Righteousness by Believing in Jesus
Romans 3:22 (NLT) We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.
Romans 5:1 (NLT) Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.
Romans 10:9–10 (NKJV) That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Your Born-Again Spirit Is Eternally Righteous
Even When You Fail, Your Spirit Is Still Righteous and Eligible for God’s Help
The day you fail is your greatest time of need, and God promises to give you grace to help!
Hebrews 4:16 (NKJV) Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
The Free Gift of Righteousness Helps You Overcome Condemnation
- Your sins have been forgiven, past, present, and future. Hebrews 10:12,14, 1 John 2:2, Romans 8:1
- You are in right standing before God, holy, blameless, without fault, declared innocent of all transgression. Romans 5:1, Ephesians 1:4, Colossians 1:22
- God’s Word defines who you are, not sin. You are the righteousness of God in Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:21
- God does not limit your future because of your past. 1 Timothy 1:13, Philippians 3:13
- Whatever you go through, it is never God punishing you for mistakes. Ephesians 6:10-13, Daniel 10:12-13
- God is with you always and will never leave you nor forsake you. Matthew 1:23, 28:20, Hebrews 13:5
- Nothing, not even sin, can separate you from the love of God. Romans 8:35-39
- All the promises of God are Yes and Amen to you. No good thing will He withhold from you. 2 Corinthians 1:20, Psalm 84:11
I believe and declare that because you are the righteousness of God in Christ, you are blessed with every blessing produced and given by God’s Spirit, both eternal and temporal. Jesus purchased all possible blessings for you, and they wait in heavenly places (God’s warehouse) for you to claim them for yourself, your family, and those you pray for. (Ephesians 1:3!)