Recent mass shootings and terrorist attacks on our American homeland (as well as others risks) have escalated our need to pray daily for safety. Here are 15 powerful spiritual warfare prayers that set up a perimeter of divine protection around you and your family.
God has a part to play in your protection, but so do you. Your part is to pray spiritual warfare prayers and ask Him to protect you and your loved ones. You can't assume God is automatically doing all the work without any effort on your part. Take time to pray daily for yourself and your family. Below are sample spiritual warfare prayers and several confessions adapted from Scripture.
Thank You, Father, for the divine protection that comes to me through my covenant of faith in Jesus Christ. You will never break Your covenant or go back on Your Word. Help me and my family abide in the secret place of the Most High, under the shadow of the Almighty. You are our Rock, our Fortress, our Shield, and our High Tower. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.
- I apply the blood of Christ to the doorposts of my house and invoke the Passover protection for my household. I give no place to the destroyer, and he cannot enter my home. Christ, my High Priest, has established my right standing with God by His blood, so that my prayers are effective. (Exodus 12:5-7, 23, 1 Corinthians 5:7)
- I put on the whole armor of God, that I may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. I stand therefore, having girded my waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod my feet with the readiness produced by the gospel of peace. Above all, I take the shield of faith with which I will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And I take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. And I pray always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit. (Ephesians 6:13-18)
- The Lord has given me eternal life, and I shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch me out of Jesus’ hand. God the Father, who has given me to Jesus, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch me out of My Father’s hand. (John 10:28-29)
- And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen! (2 Timothy 4:18)
- No weapon formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against me in judgment I shall condemn. “This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from Me,” says the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17)
- After these things the Word of the Lord came to Abraham in a vision [and to me as Abraham’s seed and heir], saying, “Do not be afraid. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” (Genesis 15:1, Galatians 3:29)
- PSALM 91 (adapted)
I dwell in the secret place of the Most High (by spending quality time with Him)
I abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord,
“You are my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in You I will trust.”
Surely He shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover me with His feathers,
And under His wings I shall take refuge;
His truth shall be my shield and buckler.
I shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
A thousand may fall at my side,
And ten thousand at my right hand;
But it shall not come near me and my family.
Only with my eyes shall I look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
Because I have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, my dwelling place,
No evil shall befall me,
Nor shall any plague come near my dwelling;
For He shall give His angels charge over me,
To keep me in all my ways.
In their hands they shall bear me up,
Lest I dash my foot against a stone.
I shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent I shall trample underfoot.
Because I have set my love upon You, therefore You will deliver me;
You will set me on high, because I have known Your name.
I shall call upon You, and You will answer me;
You will be with me in trouble;
You will deliver me and honor me.
With long life You will satisfy me,
And show me Your salvation. (Psalm 91:1-16)
- But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head. (Psalm 3:3)
- I will rejoice as one who puts his trust in You;
Let me ever shout for joy, because You defend me;
Let me who loves Your name
Be joyful in You.
For You, O Lord, will bless me, the righteous
(I am righteous by faith in Christ);
With favor You will surround me as with a shield. (Psalm 5:11-12)
- The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:2)
- You have also given me the shield of Your salvation;
Your right hand has held me up,
Your gentleness has made me great. (Psalm 18:35)
- The angel of the Lord encamps all around me who fears Him,
And he delivers me. (Psalm 34:7)
- But the Lord is faithful, who establishes me and guards me from the evil one.
(2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- I who love the Lord hate evil!
The Lord preserves my soul as one of His saints;
He delivers me out of the hand of the wicked. (Psalm 97:10)
IMPORTANT NOTE: My book, The Armor of Light, will give you an in-depth look at nineteen secrets of God's protection, including how the Lord spared many during the 9/11 attack. The book will guide you into fully activating God's protection in your life and over your family. What you don't know about divine protection leaves you vulnerable. You have a key role to play in ensuring your own safety. God doesn't take care of everything automatically without your participation.