The Otter (Sanguine, Influencer)
Motto: Life should be fun. Favorite saying, “Lighten up.” “Don’t be so serious.” Or, “Trust me. It will work out.”
One Word Descriptions: Popular, “The Talker.” Extrovert.
- Charming, friendly, excitable, impulsive, fun-seeking, people-loving, schmoozer.
- Makes friends anywhere, never met a stranger.
- Loves to talk and be the life of the party.
- Loves bright colors, is great on stage.
- Wonderful storyteller and captivating public speaker.
- Very curious.
- Spontaneous, creative, enthusiastic.
- Great salesman and networker (He/she knows people who know people.).
- Strongly influenced by environment and peer pressure.
- Desires to be popular and accepted.
- Will touch or hold on when talking to you.
- Lacks organization and discipline.
- Impulsive and excitable.
- Great starters—poor finishers.
- Talks too much.
- Avoids fine print.
- Forgets details (where the car is parked, to pick up the kids).
- Always wants something new in his/her life, changing jobs, moving.
- Forms many but shallow friendships.
- Quickly attracted to the opposite sex.
Balancing the Otter:
- Force themselves to be organized.
- Follow through on what they’ve started.
- Talk half as much as before.
- Become sensitive to others (better listeners).
- Work on developing lasting friendships.
The Otter’s Gift:
- Making life and work fun. Let’s enjoy life!